Tag Archives: drunk

Pregnant Doll With Pregnant Fetus Confirms the Apocalypse Is Nigh

Pregnant Doll With Pregnant Fetus Confirms the Apocalypse Is Nigh
Andrew Liszewski

Sex education is an important tool for minimizing the spread of certain diseases and unwanted pregnancies, but how far is too far? If you’ve ever asked yourself that question, here’s the answer. This Baby’s First Baby doll comes with a tiny fetus it’s apparently just given birth to. And the doll’s packaging boasts that the baby’s baby is pregnant too. How horrifically awful.

Not surprisingly, you won’t be finding Baby’s First Baby on store shelves this holiday season. It’s a one-off creation by artist Darren Cullen, presumably meant to be a commentary on the various reality shows that seem to be cashing in on teen pregnancies. But mostly it’s just a commentary on the nightmares I’ll be having all weekend. [SpellingMistakesCostLives via Dangerous Minds]
SOURCE

Witness: Multiple, NOT just one, US soldiers involved in civilian massacre

‘Several drunk troops behind bloodbath, laughed on shooting-spree, burned corpses’

Gruesome new details are surfacing after 16 Afghan villagers including nine children were shot in their houses by at least one US serviceman. Witnesses to the atrocity now say that several drunken American soldiers were involved.

­Neighbors at the village where the killings took place said they were awoken past midnight by crackling gunfire:

“They were all drunk and shooting all over the place,” Reuters cites Agha Lala, a villager in Kandahar’s Panjwayi district.

Lala’s neighbor Haji Samad lost all of his 11 relatives in the rampage, including children and grandchildren. He claims Marines “poured chemicals over their dead bodies and burned them.”

Twenty-year-old Jan Agha says the gunfire “shook him out of bed.” He was in the epicenter of the horrible shooting, witnessing his father shot as the latter peered out of a window to see what was going on.

“The Americans stayed in our house for a while. I was very scared,” the young man told reporters.

Lying on a floor, Agha says, he pretended to be dead.

He added that his brother was shot in his head and chest. His sister was killed as well. “My mother was shot in her eye and her face. She was unrecognizable,” he said.

The Afghan parliament said the incident was barbaric and demanded justice. Both NATO and US officials condemned the violence, promising a swift investigation.
­US ‘fundamental strategy’ in Afghanistan won’t change – Pentagon

­The Pentagon’s chief spokesman, George Little, said on Monday that there was “every indication” that the perpetrator, whose name he refused to disclose, had not been accompanied by any other soldiers. He also said that the mass killing would not change the “basic war strategy” in Afghanistan.

“Despite what some are saying, we’re not changing our fundamental strategy,” Little said.

Also on Monday NATO reacted to the massacre of Afghan villagers, with spokeswoman Oana Lungescu saying the shooting was an “isolated incident.” She emphasized it would not affect the timeline of the previously discussed withdrawal of US troops from Afghanistan by the end of 2014.

Earlier a preliminary official report said the unnamed culprit, identified as a member of the US army staff, had acted alone and is now in custody after turning himself in at an American base.

US troops in Afghanistan have been put on high alert as the Taliban has issued a threat vowing “to take revenge from the invaders and the savage murderers for every single martyr.”

The statement published on the group’s website said that the US is “arming lunatics in Afghanistan who turn their weapons against the defenseless Afghans.”

Afghan officials, fearing possible violent demonstrations, have deployed extra police and troops in and around Kandahar.

The incident was one of the worst of its kind since the US-led invasion of Afghanistan in 2001. It comes just weeks after copies of the Koran were burned at a US military base, provoking mass riots in Afghanistan.
­Slaying of 16 Afghan civilians ‘absolutely tragic and heartbreaking’ – Barack Obama

­US President Barack Obama has said during an interview with Denver TV Station KCNC that the killing of 16 Afghan civilians by a US soldier was “absolutely tragic and heartbreaking” but also noted that he was “proud generally” of what US troops had accomplished in Afghanistan while working under strenuous conditions.

In another interview, this time with Orlando-based WFTV, the president reiterated his stance in favor of a pullout from Afghanistan by the end of 2014. He said the incident “does signal the importance of us transitioning in accordance with my plans that Afghans are taking more of the initiative in security.”

Asked whether the incident could be compared to the infamous 1968 My Lai Massacre, in which US troops murdered up to 500 civilians in South Vietnam, Obama responded by saying it was not comparable. “It appeared you had a lone gunman who acted on his own,” he noted.

US defense secretary Leon Panetta said that the death penalty was a possible punishment against the soldier who perpetrated the massacre. He noted that officials will use the military justice system to try the soldier and that the shootings must not derail the military mission in Afghanistan.

In the meantime, Reuters quoted an anonymous US official who said that the accused soldier had been treated for traumatic brain injury after being in a vehicle that rolled over in Iraq in 2010.

SOURCE

Princess Diana Letter – ‘They Will Try To Kill Me’

Princess Diana Letter –
‘They Will Try To Kill Me’

By Jane Kerr
Royal Reporter
The Mirror – UK

Custom Search

Princess Diana claimed there was a plot to kill her in a car crash in a handwritten letter only 10 months before she died. She gave it to her butler Paul Burrell with orders that he should keep it as “insurance” for the future.

The princess predicted: “This particular phase in my life is the most dangerous.” She said “XXXXXXXXXXX is planning ‘an accident’ in my car, brake failure and serious head injury in order to make the path clear for Charles to marry”.

In the letter, revealed by the Daily Mirror today, Diana named who she believed was plotting to kill her. But the Mirror is not able to repeat the allegation for legal reasons so we have blanked that part of the letter out.

The document will fuel the conspiracy theories which have raged in the six years since she was killed in a Paris car crash.

But it also appears to bring fresh importance to a warning by the Queen that there were “powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge”.

The Queen was speaking to Burrell at Buckingham Palace in a meeting that would prove crucial in the collapse of his trial for theft.

Now, plagued by that meeting and deeply troubled that there has still been no inquest in Britain into the death of Diana and her boyfriend Dodi Fayed, Burrell has come forward with the stunning new evidence.

In his new book A Royal Duty the former servant ñ cleared last year of stealing Diana’s possessions ñ claims she began to worry about her security TWO YEARS before her death and that this led her to record her fears in the document.

Before sealing the letter in an envelope marked “Paul”, the princess told him: “I’m going to date this and I want you to keep it … just in case.”

In the second paragraph of the document, written in October 1996, Diana explained in the plainest possible language that she was convinced of the plot to mastermind an accident.

Burrell describes in his book the events that led the princess to write the document at her desk in Kensington Palace.

Diana’s divorce from Prince Charles had been finalised less than two months earlier.

The princess, who had cut down on her charities to focus on Aids, leprosy and victims of homelessness, was enjoying huge public support.

But according to Burrell, by the autumn of 1996 she had “an overpowering feeling that she was ‘in the way’.”

He adds: “Rightly or wrongly she felt the stronger she became, the more she was regarded as a modernising nuisance.

“She certainly felt that ‘the system’ didn’t appreciate her work and that for as long as she was on the scene Prince Charles could never properly move on.”

Burrell says the princess told him: “I have become strong and they don’t like it when I am able to do good and stand on my own two feet without them.”

The princess’s anxiety deepened to such an extent that she ordered a sweep of her apartments at Kensington Palace for listening devices.

By October 1996 she once again confided in Burrell that she believed there was a concerted attempt to undermine her in the public’s eyes.

She recalled that she had been brooding about Charles’s relationship with Camilla Parker Bowles and the continuing role of Tiggy Legge Bourke, nanny to Princes William and Harry, in the Royal Household.

Burrell says the princess was feeling “undervalued and unappreciated”. But at the root of her fears she said she was “constantly puzzled” by attempts by Prince Charles’s supporters to “destroy her”.

With these thoughts and fears in her head, Diana decided to put her fears to paper, says Burrell.

The letter betrays the loneliness Diana was feeling: “I am sitting here at my desk today in October, longing for someone to hug me and encourage me to keep strong and hold my head high.” According to Burrell it was not the first time Diana had felt it neccessary to record what was happening to her. He said: I became the repository for royal truths.

“These notes are her legacy and are crucial to the truths that enshrine her memory and debunk the damaging myths that seem to have been peddled since the day she died.”

Diana and Dodi Fayed were killed in the early hours of August 31 1997 when a Mercedes S280 driven by drunken chauffeur Henri Paul careered into the Pont d’Alma tunnel in the French capital.

An inquiry in 1999 by the French authorities blamed Paul, concluding that he had taken a cocktail of drink and drugs before losing control of the car because he was speeding.

However, there has been a growing unwillingness by the public to accept the official version of her death.

Burrell admitted he shares the doubts. He said: “With the benefit of hindsight, the content of that letter has bothered me since her death.”

It will strike a chord among people who remain puzzled by inconsistences in her death, including questions over a mysterious white Fiat Uno which grazed the Mercedes in the tunnel and over blood samples taken from Henri Paul.

Harrods owner Mohamed Al Fayed, Dodi’s father, has spent tens of thousands of pounds on a private investigation, convinced that Diana and Dodi were murdered by British security services at the behest of Establishment forces.

But Diana’s family refuse to believe the theories. Her mother Frances Shand Kydd accepted the findings of the French inquiry “without reservation”.

Dianaís brother Earl Spencer also said he was satisfied that the authorities had “reached the right conclusion”.

Hopes that some of the mysteries would be unravelled were dashed last month.

A spokesman for the royal coroner Michael Burgess said the date for an inquest on Diana would be announced within days.

But hours later Mr Burgess ordered the statement to be withdrawn, saying it was “premature” to suggest a date and refusing to give a timescale.

The lack of an inquest and his prosecution for theft in 2002 steeled Burrell’s determination to make public the princess’s concerns for her security.

“That letter has been part of the burden I have carried since the princess’s death. Knowing what to do with it has been a source of much soul-searching.”

He insists that whether it is a “wild coincidence” or an explanation for the tragedy is a matter for a coroner’s court.

He adds: “It may be futile in what it achieves because it can do no more than provide yet another question mark.

“But if that question mark leads to an inquest and a thorough investigation of the facts by the British authorities it will have achieved something.”

© owned by or licensed to Trinity Mirror Digital Media Limited 2001.

SOURCE

Pat Sajak was DR_NK! Wanna buy a vowel?

Pat Sajak was DR_NK! Wanna buy a vowel?
By Jonathan Anker

‘Wheel’ host says he and Vanna had margaritas between shows
Hosted the show while drunk in its early days, Pat Sajak says

“Can I buy a ‘U’?” Yes, there is one ‘U.’

“I’d like to solve the puzzle.” Go ahead.

“Pat Sajak was drunk.”

Correct! And yes he was, according to the host himself, who admits tipping back a few too many margaritas with Vanna White before some tapings of “Wheel of Fortune.”

Sajak made the admission on ESPN 2’s “Dan LeBatard Is Highly Questionable,” answering very honestly when asked if he ever hosted the show while drunk.

He told LeBatard that back in the early days, “We had a place called Los Arcos across the street. They serve great margaritas.”

“Vanna and I would go across and have two or three or six and then come and do the last shows and have trouble recognizing the alphabet,” he said.

Which is an important component of hosting a game show which revolves around the alphabet.

“They’re really good tapes to get hold of,” Sajak added. I bet.

If there are any old episodes where Sajak berates a contestant for insisting that ‘Y’ is always a vowel, this may be an explanation. Or perhaps you know you have one of those tapes the host is referencing if he begins the Bonus Round by spotting the contestant the vowels plus the letters R, S, T, L, N and Zzzzzzzzzzz.

Sajak pointed out the show was different back then, with contestants competing for “cheesy prizes” instead of cash, and it would take a long time between shows to swap out the display of prizes. So during those lengthy breaks, he and Vanna hit up Los Arcos.

Asked how many drinks he’d have on these mid-taping outings, Sajak estimated “the average number was cuatro.”

But those days are long gone, he says. “Now if I were to inhale the cork on a bottle of wine I’d probably keel over, I’m getting a little older.”

Watch a completely lucid Sajak explain the whole thing right here:

SOURCE